Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 23, 2011

GF Pizza at CPK

I went out to lunch with my friend, Christina, today.  Eating out now is not as easy as it once was, though.  I was delighted to see a few weeks ago that California Pizza Kitchen is now offering gluten free pizza, so we went there.

They have a few appetizers on their small cravings menu that are GF.  We started with corn chips with guacamole.  The guacamole was delicious; They add corn to it, which adds just a hint of sweetness.  Then, I had a BLT Pizza. 


It's a cheese and bacon pizza with lettuce on top.  The GF crust they have is great!  It's the best GF crust I've had (even better than my homemade crust!).  The server told me that they have a special prep area just for the GF food, and they use a GF pizza cutter to avoid cross contamination.  This is good enough for me, but I know some people are more gluten sensitive than I am. 

I'm so happy to be able to enjoy pizza, and a lunch out with my friend without having to be difficult.  It's especially nice that they have some GF apps, since normally when eating out I can't enjoy a starter with my friends.  For more information on what CPK offers for the gluten sensitive, here's a link to their website: http://www.cpk.com/menu/pdfs/gluten-free.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment