Powered By Blogger

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Gluten Free Sour Cream Coffee Cake

When I first stopped eating gluten, I wondered how can I do this?  How can I not eat all of the foods that I love?  Then, I discovered that there is not reason not to eat the foods I love, I just have to reinvent them so that I can eat them.  This sour cream cake was literally the very first food I thought about never being able to eat again.  I'm not sure where my mom got the recipe, but she makes it, I make it, and both of my sisters make it.  In fact, my sister served it recently at my nephew's baptism.  It's present at many of our family functions, so I set out to find a way to make it so I could eat it, not just watch everyone in envy.


Gluten Free Sour Cream Coffee Cake

280 grams gluten free flour mix*
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 eggs, beaten together
3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp sugar
1 cup chopped pecans

*See my Lemon Cake for my flour mixture, or use one of your own

Preheat the oven to 350.  Grease and lightly dust a bundt pan with gluten free flour.

Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. 

Cream together butter, sugar and eggs.  Add vanilla extract and sour cream.  In half-cup increments, add the flour mixture, pausing between each addition to mix well. 

Spread half of the batter into the prepared pan.  Sprinkle with a mixture of cinnamon and 2 Tbsp of sugar.  Top with chopped pecans. 


Pour in the rest of the batter.  Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.  Sprinkle powdered sugar on the cake before serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment